WOW! Could you just imagine that! Your own submarine for a small fraction of what you would pay somewhere else!! The trick?
You correctly saw: impossible to sit in … But still, this small pocket submarine, in fact, a backpack submarine, will show you the seabed as if you were there. It is called “OpenROV” version 2.7 and is manufactured by the company of the same name. It is an “open source” product developed by a community of marine exploration and technology enthusiasts.
- It can be acquired as a kit to assemble (cheaper) or already assembled;
- It has about two hours of battery life;
- It can dive down to 75 meters (246 feet);
- It has a USB Web camera and lightning;
- You use a Gamepad joystick to control it.
It will make you live two hours of adventure and marine exploration if, of course, you are a passionate of this type of adventure, at such a small price…
Pictures courtesy of OpenROV company.